Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Universita un Pazzo

I am a TERRIBLE blogger.
No, seriously.
It's quite sad how bad I actually am.

Anyway, life is going along pretty swimmingly. I'm rounding out month four at the most difficult and taxing job I have ever participated in. I'm tellin' ya, it's one thing to be a Psychiatrist or Psychologist... patients are nice to you because you have something they want (Medication/ a listening ear/ the ability to nod and fake interest...). It's another thing entirely to be the person who has to manage these crazies! Most of the people that come through our doors are wonderful; don't get me wrong. Some come in weekly and bring us our favorite sodas. Others hand-make adorable gifts for Christmas and birthdays. Most take the time to learn your name and details about you, and then remember them for their next visit. It's really all very sweet and nice. However, for every 20 great people, there is that inevitable 1 that always CONVENIENTLY "forgets their insurance card" (which, it turns out, was canceled a year ago. Since we didn't have the card on file, we have to write it off as a RIDICULOUS loss. It's just plain stupid). Or there are the people that every 3 months, without fail, "lose" their prescription in the laundry, or have their purse stolen, or have their car get broken into, their glove box rummaged through, and the only thing (miraculously) stolen was their Adderal supply. It's just lovely. However, these people are all TREATS compared to... the screamers. To the screamers, EVERYTHING is the receptionist's fault. they came in at the wrong time? Blame the receptionist and their scheduling skills. It's just easiest that way...

By the way, I totally started this post and am just finishing it a week later... my life is incredibly busy.

So, now that it's been eight days, I've have time to cool down. This week at the job has been much better... I guess I'll just take it on a day-to-day basis. That being said, I'm on the look-out for another Receptionist job that doesn't require me to be so nuts. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them. :)

Another update: I applied for the U today! I had to talk to my SLCC academic adviser about a screw-up on my graduation information (scheduled for August this year... SO excited to at least have ONE degree done, even though I'm miles behind everyone else). So now I'm finally on the last stretch of my SLCC career, and am about to embark on a great adventure that is my Social Work major at the U. It seems I also have to figure out how I'm going to pay for this journey... I see stacks of scholarship applications in my near future. I ran in the Mr. Rodgers scholorship a few days ago (Yes; Mr Rodgers as in "It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood") and it offers 10,000 for anyone hoping to go into Child Media... not sure if that's the ultimate goal, but I will MAKE it the goal if it gets me 10,000 dollars. :)

I promise I'll post some of the recent pictures I've taken on here... lately it's looked like the boring word blog, and that is NOT the ultimate goal.

Bye, y'all!