Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day... blah

First off, I literally have not posted anything on this for over 2 months... there goes my New Year's resolution. :( Now I guess I'll just focus on learning conversational Italian (something I also have yet to begin).

Anyway, this weekend was the illicit V-Day, and my and Carey's second one as a couple. Yay! We are both a little tight on mula this month, what with my sissies in Denver for a month and Carey starting a brand new job, so our plans were pretty lacking but fun. We were going to have a relaxing day at home and then Carey was going to make us dinner. Romantic and cheap... just how we like it. :) However, our plans were pretty drastically modified when I started feeling like poop, literally at the stroke of midnight on the 14th. A few hours later, I found myself wide awake and puking up ever ounce of food I had eaten the day before. Say hello to the Stomach Flu.

As fate would have it, it was a 24 hour deal, so I had the privilege of spending my nice, romantic day in bed, with a water bottle and garbage can always within an arms reach. My sweet little boy stayed with me and bent to my beck and call, but it still was a less-than-satisfying day of love. With this vomit-inducing bug in mind, we re-scheduled our V-Day until the following weekend. At least that gives me another week to earn a little extra cash to take Carey out and treat him for all the work he put in on Sunday. He truly is fabulous. And I am just grateful that I found a guy that is willing to hold my hair while I'm purging over the toilet. Now that's love. :)