Tuesday, December 6, 2011

...um, hi?

I'm BAAAACCCKKK!

It's seriously been so long since I've posted on this thing that I forgot our blog IP... seriously. I had to re-direct myself through Emma Roos's blog, in which I can never, for some reason, forget the name of. So THANKS Em! You are the gatekeeper to my blogging world. :)

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm sorry for missing writing so many months in a row. I'm not sorry, I'm BUSY, with a capitol B.U.S.Y. School has been kicking my oh-so-pale booty this semester, but I'm almost done. HOORAY! I also lucked into a position in the ever-exclusive School of Social Work up at the U; a feat that sounds easier than it actually was. The requirements were downright ridiculous. I felt like I was applying for a government grant for graduate school instead of a measly Bachelors program. Plus, they only let in 35 students (MAX) each semester. Coupling all these requirements plus the stress of having over 200 students apply (GROSS exaggeration) lent to many a migraine and stress cramp for me this year. BUT IT'S OVER! And I miraculously beat out the other applicants and made it in the program. YAY! Thanks go to my academic advisor, Becky Lubbers, for taking a shine to me for some reason this semester. You will forever be in my heart, and I in your debt.

So I really am going to start making an effort to be a part of my blogs world again this coming year. I'm sending out a pre-warning though; this month will DEFINITELY fall short. We're moving (again) and everything else is sort of falling by the wayside. This is the 3rd year in a row that we get to uproot our piles of junk and life and move a week before Christmas...joy. Although I know I am almost all to blame for the bad timing, since Carey would be content to never move again if given the option. When we get all moved-in and situated, I'll post some pics of our new place on here. I think it's cute, plus it has a private fenced-in yard... can someone say PUPPY?!

Again, I'm bare with the pictures this time. I'll try to do better and stop boring everyone to death with boring words. Maybe next post will be all pictures with NO words. How would you like THAT, blog world?!