Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Enough Italian - It's Summer!

Tomorrow is my LAST DAY at my job!

WOOHOO!

I can't tell you how pumped I am to be done and moving on with this position. The people I work with are wonderful but, unfortunately, my boss is so NOT. Wanna hear some past conversations we've had? Let's take a stroll...

First two weeks on the job:
Boss man: "I don't like that you drink coffee at the front desk."
Me: "Okay. Why?"
BM: "Because the motion of THIS (imagine him lifting a fake coffee cup to his mouth and tilting his head back) is crude. I don't like it, and I think it's suggestive to the patients."
Me: "...okay..."

Seriously? He tried to have me drinking my coffee out of a straw. Is that even possible? Isn't there some kind of melting risk or toxic poisoning through plastic?

Next Conversation~

BM: "So what's going on with your school schedule next semester?"
Me: "I'm not quite sure. I haven't signed up for classes yet, but I'm meeting with my adviser next week and I should at least know my class options by then."
BM: "Good. I'm giving you ten days to let me know the verdict."
Me: "But I don't know if I can even sign up for classes then?"
BM: "It doesn't matter. You still have 10-days to let me know."
Me: ...?...

Also...

There was a very vague conversation about the idea of going back to school full-time. Keep in mind that I'm going into Social Work... the very thing that he's based his career on for a million years. You'd THINK he'd be a bit more understanding about it. Basically, I told him about doing full-time school and he suggested that "I already had a job there. Why would I need to go back to school?" Um, hello?! Because my life goal is not to be an under payed and overworked receptionist who people constantly abuse. As glamorous as that sounds, I'm opting out. He gave me a funny look and literally seemed dead lost. I'm not making this up people.

And, to round it all out, he had his office manager/personal assistant/receptionist/under payed lacky call me today and ask if I would consider staying on and working on Fridays. Um, HELL NO. I am NOT staying on your schedule to work 4-hours-a-week, just because you can't find another employee who can take all the crap you dish. I'm DONE. And, to add insult to injury, he refuses to pay any of his employees the payed time off they occurred. I've built up about 27 hours, and I'm not gonna see a penny of that. Poor me. :(

Anyway, enough with my rant.

Soon I will update you all on my new job, as I am going back to the wonderful world of nanny-dom. Wish me luck!

:)