It's getting nearer and nearer to June and it's STILL not pool weather! Today was a step up, (I think it's around 69 degrees) but I continue to see snow in the mountains and I just need it to stop. As much as I appreciate how nice the rain is making things look, it is keeping me from putting away my jackets and sweatshirts, and I have YET to comfortably strut a pair of shorts! Maybe this is because I have an incredibly low tolerance to cold weather, because I'm sure many people can rock some thigh-hugging numbers in 70 degree weather without going numb. Even so, let's give this weather a good 12 degree boost and then you will find me by our pool, sipping on Sangria and reading some crappy romance novel, specifically designed to be thrashed and water-logged.
Carey and I leave this Friday for Denver and for his sister's wedding, which is going to be that Sunday. Jesse is an awesome person and she found herself a worthy dude, so I am SO excited for them! Carey even bought his first suit for the occasion... awwww. :) He looked so handsome and sophisticated. Now I've got to go shopping and step up my game so I can look half-way decent next to such a good-looking man. I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything.
Soon after Carey and I get back from Denver, I head back out to North Carolina with the extended fam. SOOO excited for this trip! The place we are staying at is right on the beach and is absolutely gorgeous! (It's about 20 miles away from where A Walk to Remember was filmed... just a tidbit.) I plan on spending the entire week waking up at noon, heading to the beach with my big floppy hat and book, coming back at sun down, eating and sleeping. Simple routine, but it sounds like the most perfect getaway ever. The only thing that could make it that much better would be if Carey was joining us. Poop. Oh well... we have plenty of time for family vacays in our ever-effulgent future. :)
